Farmer's Faire Steeds 2018

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Seremond
      Participant

Took some pics of this year’s steeds … there’s a goat!

Bregeniuk
      Participant

Nice, thanks, Sere. It’s always nice to see what you can get before committing. Though once I figured out that the steeds are only available for tokens for that year (and the following, maybe?) before you have to pay mithril for them, I try to get all the steeds first on all my characters. Then if I have tokens left over I get the other goodies.

Seremond
      Participant

I have a similar strat, though I don’t try to get the steeds for every character. I will look at something from a role-playing perspective. My male elf wouldn’t be caught dead on a warsteed with a basket of sunflowers perched on its rump. My female elf likes flowers, but wants something more elegant. My hobbit lass? perfect for her!

I’ve also used the festivals to take advantage of getting a goat very early. It’s a bummer to get to Moria and have only that starter goat (Mirv, I’m looking at YOU!) so I try to make an early investment. I was disappointed to get my new beorning to the festival and find she couldn’t hunt eggs or mushrooms at level 6! Since she won’t be in Moria this year (I am pretty sure), I will work with her in a later festival.

Also, it’s always very, very important to check out which steeds have warsteed apparel equivalents. I used to buy entire sets, but now I tend to pick up individual pieces (one festival, for instance, I bartered only for braided tails).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.