Kur-anchi Warband How-to

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Seremond
      Participant

Just ran a beautiful attack on Kur-anchi, the mumak warband that hangs out in Old Anorien, and is needed as part the Minas Tirith meta deeds. We had five people and suffered no deaths, and no one lost morale except for the tank (me), and not much then.

Simply put: do it mounted. Let the elephant come all the way into the open field behind the wall. Ask people not to follow their impulse to aggro the archers too early … the elephant walks slowly, so patience is required. Once back there, the open field is perfect for mounted combat. Since you are always riding, the target marking never really catches you, and when it does, the damage is going to the mount first. And … fury contribution, yes! The rk reported afterwards that her fury contribution and hits were great by staying mounted.

I was the tank, and I did get knocked off eventually, but I kept moving backwards and challenging so stuff just followed me around and everyone else was free to focus on dps. And, finally, we had a minnie in heals. The normal instinct in these runs on Kuranchi is that everyone goes dps to kill him faster. Works better to have some heal protection, and be patient with the time it takes to defeat the beast. Having run this four times in the last week, I can say that this method was by far the most effective and enjoyable, and played out with the fewest people.

Try this out next time, even with a small group, and enjoy!

Aglarwen
      Participant

Thanks for the awesome info, Sere! I love all of your how-to posts. :)

guiviendoomslayer
      Participant

*thumbs up*

Seremond
      Participant

I should add that I believe the critter is either more vulnerable to mounted skills, or the fury contributions simply make it go faster. Either way: mounted is a faster kill.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.