MONTHLY SCREENSHOT COMPETITION

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      saedhillian
      Keymaster

The long-awaited Eagles Monthly Screenshot Competition is officially launched!

Here’s how it works.

1. Reply to this post and attach your screenshot.
      2. Maximum of 3 screenshots per kinnie. You can always delete one of your images and replace it with another should you take a better one.
      3. If you get stuck while trying to upload the images, email your screenshots (in a zip file please) to saedhillian@gmail.com and I’ll attach them to your forum post.
      4. At the end of the month the judges (current Leader and Officers of the kinship: so that’s Guivien, Kesemiel, Neemriel, Luringdad and Saedhillian) will choose the best screenshot and two runners up.
      5. The outright winner will see their beautiful screenshot on the website homepage carousel for the whole of the next month.
      6. The winner and runners up will find their screenshots in a permanent ‘monthly screenshot’ gallery we’ll set up on the website.

This month sees the holiday event of Frostbluff and we’re planning our own festivities too, so there’ll be lots of opportunities for screenshots. Since this is our first attempt we’ll also extend the deadline past New Year to Sunday 4th January, to give everyone a better chance at capturing the perfect picture.

Go Eagles!

UPDATE (27 December): Some of you have had problems uploading images. I’ve changed the settings a little. You can attach 3 images to a single post with a maximum file size of 700kb per image. Top tip: LotRO saves your screenshots as .png. Resave them as .jpg and boom! less than half the file size.)

Here’s some shots to inspire you!

Sansaiel
      Participant

My entries:
      1. Me photobombing Maed.
      2. Maed and I as rulers of Carn Dûm.
      3. Me dancing with my friend Fred.

Sansaiel
      Participant

Last one, since it didn’t let me attach it to my last post. :)

thendo.darkwillow
      Participant

Little Thendinn with his tall buddy.

guiviendoomslayer
      Participant

I’d like to submit this photo for others enjoyment, rather than me winning. It’s a picture of several members of the Eagles enjoying a Ranger of the Black Watch Christmas Concert in Frostbluff a few days ago!

Maedhirien
        Participant

Argh!!!! Completely forgot about it :-(. Good screenshot, though :-)
        Maed

saedhillian
      Keymaster

Here are a few screenshots that Neemriel took. Presented for fun as they’re not allowed in the competition, for obvious reasons.

Maedhirien
      Participant

One with Sansa… and our goats ;-),
      Maed

I’ve loved all these posts so far thank you very much!

I found my twin! In middle earth!

Attachments:
      Emarith
      Participant

Hi everyone, this is my first go at this :)

Maedhirien
        Participant

Cute :-)
        Maed

Neemriel
      Participant

Gosh, is that a ME Doppleganger Challenge throw down Luri? I’ll be on the look out for mine then ;)

Maed, love the goats picture!

Are you in the snowball fight arena Ema? Got an army of snowmen there.

Aglarwen
      Participant

Found a snowman in the Vale of Thrain area. :)

somewhere over the rainbow!

saedhillian
      Keymaster

Roll up, roll up! Last day to submit your screenshots.

Although Gui, Neem and Luri have submitted great photos, since they’re on the Council and will be part of the voting group, their submissions won’t be evaluated.

So you’re still in with a chance! Post by midnight Server Time and we’ll start our voting process from Monday 5th January.

Good luck everyone!

Cayrith
      Participant

Ok, here come my three submissions:

– Cayrith and the snowman in Frostbluff
      – Cayrith’s New Year’s Eve with the Rangers in Bree
      – Caytuna (a new alt) admiring a rainbow in the Shire

My personal favorite from the pictures that were handed in is the one of Maed and Sans with their goats riding through the endless snow of the Misty Mountains or Forochel. Great picture!

Nidalal
      Participant

I love the goats Maed.

Hamesh (Ame)
      Participant

I’ve gone back to finish up Volume I of the epic with Ametrina. I have a particularly fondness for the Dunedain – this pic was taken at the memorial for 3 slain rangers in Evendim.

saedhillian
      Keymaster

We’ve closed the thread while we choose our favourites. We’ll announce them on Friday and put the winners in pride of place on the website for all to enjoy.

January’s competition will open shortly. (Those of you who missed the cut-off date for December’s competition can copy over your entries to January once the post is open.)

Thanks to everyone who contributed!

saedhillian
      Keymaster

RESULTS TIME!

Thank you to everyone who joined in. We’ve had a lovely time looking at your screenshots and choosing the winners. It was a close call.

*Opens golden envelope, approaches lectern*

Our runners up are:
      Maed’s pic of her and Sansa climbing an icy path on their goats.
      Cayrith’s beautiful rainbow in the Shire, which warmed the cockles of our hobbity hearts.

And the winner is…

Emarith’s awesome army of snowmen!

Congratulations, Emarith. Your glorious pic will join the homepage slideshow for the rest of the month of January.

The three winning screenshots will start off our new gallery of screenshot competition winners. (Check back in a couple of days and that should be visible alongside our regular website gallery.)

UPDATE: Check out the homepage for Emarith’s winning entry! And the new competition is gallery is now live here: https://www.eaglesofthorondor.com/gallery/screenshot-competition-gallery/

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.