Nominations are open! (Jan. 2021)

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Bregeniuk
      Participant

Elections!! Why do we have elections??

Elections for the next 6-month term of council are now underway! Eagles Elections serve to affirm the leadership team of Officer, Council Officer, and Leader roles. The Eagles is a participative kinship where we all take care of each other and help make it the best kin ever! We have such a special group of people here that all like to have fun, both solo and with a group. But such awesomeness doesn’t last without ongoing efforts. We need folks who are willing and able to contribute some time and their energies to maintaining the awesomeness of the kin. What might it be like to be an officer? You will be appreciated by your kinnies! You will be appreciated by the leadership team! You will have an opportunity to use and/or develop your skills in leading events, publishing announcements, helping and supporting your kinmates, and being part of a friendly, supportive, team. Are you thinking “that sounds kind of fun, and we DO have an awesome kinship, and I WOULD like to make sure that the kin lives on forever!” but you still have some questions you’d like answered? Ask an officer in game, directly on discord, or by email at officers@eaglesofthorondor.com. We would love to chat!

If you’d like to nominate yourself or someone else, reply to this post with your nomination! Don’t wait until the last minute, talk to your nominee and see if they accept!

Once you have been nominated, post a brief speech about you, why you would like to be an officer, and how you would like to serve.

See the details of what each role entails here: https://www.eaglesofthorondor.com/forums/topic/elections-january-2021/#post-8474

Your leadership council, Bregeniuk, Alariabor, and Seremond.

Seremond
      Participant

I am putting forth a nomination for Bregeniuk to serve as leader. I’m very grateful for her service as both leader and council officer in the last few years. She really puts in a lot of time running extra events every month, and has an open door for anyone who needs some one-on-one coaching or just a hug. Go Team Breg!

Bregeniuk
        Participant

I would like to accept the nomination for Leader.

I am honoured to represent a kin that houses nice, helpful, funny, thoughtful people that like to enjoy the Lord of the Rings together. I am happy to continue into a second term as leader in order to keep the kinship in good health. A healthy kinship includes a group of officers to share the load so that no-one has an onerous amount of work. The leader and officers officially represent the kin and to keep up with the maintenance of behind-the-scenes tasks. A healthy kin also has new recruits to keep the kin active as other players move on. The officers and leader help maintain good kin chat etiquette, enforce the kinship code of conduct, and deal with any issues that may arise. The officer team has often enjoyed getting to know each other better, have moral support, and bounce ideas off of each other. These are the things I would strive to support as leader of this fantastic kinship!! We have also asked the officers to be leaders in leading events for the kinship (though anyone in our kinship can lead an event!). I would lead by example by leading a variety of different events at different levels to provide fun ways to connect with your fellow kinnies. If you have ideas on how to improve our lovely kinship, please seek me out and let me know!

Breg

Slyvania
      Participant

Well, I’m gonna be a smart aleck and say that I would like to keep the current officer line up the way it is, just like I said last time.

Last time I said it’s the best officer line up I’ve seen in all my years of playing MMOs, and I have not changed on that position.

Seriously, our officers are beyond awesome. And I mean it.

Funny too! “The Breg Report”. I still chuckle about that…..

Ahanu
      Participant

I guess the same people. I haven’t been here long enough I don’t think. Everyone has been helpful.

Seremond
      Participant

Hi folks, we LOVE LOVE LOVE the endorsements but we are looking for nominations for people to serve as: Leader, Council Officer and Officer. Having a name and the office of the nomination is really needed at this juncture.
      Tally ho!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I would like to nominate Bengi as officer. He has been excellent in running things and has the knowledge for the runs.

Lerilgon
      Participant

I, Lerilgon, would like to nominate myself for the officer position. I might not be able to navigate runs as well as Bengi, but I do enjoy everything else and steering new members’ into the right directions. Thank you for your consideration.

Lerilgon aka “Casey”

Bregeniuk
      Participant

I would like to nominate Seremond for Council Officer. She is a huge help to running the kin and is so kind and generous with her time and energy.

Seremond
        Participant

I accept the nomination for Council Officer! I’m currently serving on the council, and will continue to work very hard for the kinship in this role.

If elected, I will continue to help with various administrative, behind-the-scenes duties that support the organization of and planning for the direction of the kinship. Of course, I will continue to run events that bring kinnies together for a bit of fun, and hopefully to get to know each other. I’ll try to stay on top of what individual kinnies need in order to keep forging ahead into new content, and I will keep a particularly watchful eye on Bunso. And I will continue to run recruitment drives.

I do firmly believe that a kinship is strong and grows when kinnies do group activities. Participation by all members is so important to keep the spirit of the Eagles upbeat and happy. I also think that continuing recruitment drives on a regular basis is extremely important to keep the Eagles strong. In short, a kinship needs forward momentum and a bunch of fun people. We have the latter, for sure. Let us go forth and enjoy!

So, um … vote for me. Okay? :)

Slyvania
      Participant

And Annie! Don’t forget Annie! She’s a GREAT officer!

Seremond
        Participant

Okay, Anniee is nominated for the role of officer!

Slyvania
      Participant

My apologies, I forgot to actually nominate Annie, that would help lol! I think Annie would be totally awesome as an officer, just as she always has been!

guiviendoomslayer
      Participant

Hello everyone, I may be a day late on the deadline for this and if so, no worries. I’d like to put my name in for officer this term. Those of you who have been with us a while know me well and for those of you that are newer, I’m one of the individuals that created the structure of the kinship in the beginning. I’ve been the leader of the kinship several times in the past. I returned to the game in October to visit friends and play the Harvestmath festival but decided to stay around. Personally, I will bring friendly chat and bad jokes to chat, a few interesting events, and camaraderie. I had surgery last week, so I’ve been offline. Today is the first day I felt well enough to log onto my computer.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Seremond
      Participant

Nominations are now closed! Our thanks go out to one and all!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.