Nominations are open!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      saedhillian
      Keymaster

If you’d like to stand as a candidate in the upcoming elections please first contact Guivien either in-game, via private message on the forum (accessed from your profile page) or by email to officers@eaglesofthorondor.com so that she can confirm your eligibility against the guidelines we set out in the duties and requirements post.

When you’ve been given the go ahead, add a reply to this topic with your name, the position(s) you’d like to stand for and then your candidate blurb.

If you make any mistakes and the edit window has passed, contact Saed (use the contact form on the site) and she’ll help you fix it.

Good luck kinnies!

Mirveth
      Participant

Hello kinnies,
      I wondered about applying to be an officer since the election mail came out. I’m still not quite sure, but since there is no nomination yet, I thought I should start the discussion (“Je me jette à l’eau” in French). Maybe other will follow… I sure hope so !
      I’d like to be part of the council because I love the kinship, especially its very open and supportive spirit, and I’d be happy to help. I have no real program though.
      If I’m elected officer, I’ll keep the commitment to play at least 6 hours a week. But I’m in the Aussie timezone, and it means that I often play at weird hours for most of you. For example, I can’t participate to the kin events that are scheduled in the early afternoon (2pm server time means 6am the day after for me).
      All this means that I might not make a very good officer.
      Finally I’m a bit worried about the lack of nominations. I also wonder if any of the current council member intends to run again for another term. You did a truly amazing job, and we are all very thankful for that. I have difficulty to imagine going on without you, Gui, Saed, Kes, Neem and Luri.
      See you in game !
      Mirveth

Cayrith
      Participant

Hello Eagles!

Me, too, I’ve been thinking about standing for election for the position of an officer for the last couple of days.

I’ve joined the Eagles within the framework of the Coursera online course offering last summer and liked Middleearth and the Eagles so much that I decided to stick around. And it has been a great time! I’m grateful for all the support I’ve received from Gui, the current officers and many other kinship members and would like to give something back to the Eagles!

What made me hesitate to post here earlier is that I’m still fairly new to LOTRO and might not have an answer to all in-game questions, but I’m always happy to help a kinnie out and think I could contribute to the work of the Council in many ways. In real life I do lots of organizational stuff, like data mining, doing lists, updating websites using a content management system, etc. I also like learning new things.

I’m in Europe, so there’s a fair overlap in gaming time with kinnies in Europe and the US. I sometimes have to go to bed though when the fun really begins, e.g. during kinship events. However, I try not to leave a fellowship/raid at the most desperate time. ;-)

Like Mirv I hope that the current council members will stand for election as it is rather hard to imagine the kinship without Gui, Neem, Luri, Saed and Kes on the Council. I’d like to work with you and serve the Eagles according to my best abilities and, if you so wish, my sword (no heals though, unfortunately)! :-D

Have a nice day and see you in game!

Cayrith

Aglarwen
      Participant

Hi everyone!

I hereby nominate myself to run for an officer position. :) I’ve been in the kinship since the first Coursera class (thanks for helping me pass!), though I wasn’t very active at first. I felt too inexperienced to join in, but since this is such a wonderful and supportive kinship, I’ve started playing and interacting a lot more. I’d love to get even more involved and help others to do the same by taking on an officer position, if you’ll have me.

I’m based in US Central time (Server Time -1), so I can help out with most events and activities. I also work pretty regular hours, so I’d be able to keep a fairly regular schedule in-game to help people out as needed. I may not always have all of the answers, but I’m pretty good with Google and I’m always willing to get involved.

Like the others have said, it’s nearly impossible to imagine the Eagles without our current leader and officers, but I would love to help out in any way I can.

Keep on flying, Eagles.

-Aglarwen

Neemriel
      Participant

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts of interest-it’s so great to see that you’re enjoying being an Eagle and want to support others.

Like most of you, I was worried about putting myself forward as I really didn’t have the answers and I usually still don’t have them ;) Lotro wiki, other sites and speaking to others has really improved my knowledge and gaming but if there’s anything I feel I’m not ‘qualified’ to answer, I’ll usually point people in the direction of who can or ask the question on our chat channels. So, what I’m trying to say is, don’t feel that to be an officer you have to know everything…that’s just impossible (I think). Each of you will bring your own knowledge,experience, skills and talents to the officer position, which will be valuable to others.

If you’re worried about your time zones, don’t be. We are a growing international kinship and it would be great to have officers online, offering support and events, at times when most of us are unable to do so.

I feel that I can speak for the current officers and Gui, when I say that we will always be here to lend an ear or offer advice to future leaders and officers.

Hopefully you have all gone ahead and sent that important mail to Gui. Good luck!

Neem

saedhillian
      Keymaster

I’d like to stand for both officer and leader positions. I’d be honoured to be elected joint leader, but equally happy to continue my current officer role on the council.

WHO AM I?
      Most of you already know me. I’ve been an Eagle since the first Coursera intake in September 2013, and an officer in the Eagles’ Council since it was founded just over a year ago.

I play mostly with my (currently level 90) Minstrel Saedhillian, though I have a lvl 30 Lore-Master alt Saedhilleth too. Once Saedhillian gets to 100 I plan to create a Guardian who’ll also be an Elf and also be called Saedhill-something.

TIMEZONES
      I think it’s beneficial to the kinship if we have an officer online at all times. Our kinship spans the globe, so we need people representing as many timezones as we can. (As Neem says above. I drafted this before I read it. Didn’t mean to copy you, Neem!)

I’m British so I play ST+5. That means I see our European players regularly and overlap with many of our US players especially those who play quite early in the day and when I’m up way past my bedtime…

WHY ME?
      Because I’ve done it all before. I know how it works; I helped plan and build the kinship. I created the Eagles website and with Luri’s help I keep it running. I work on policy and planning behind the scenes with the other members of the council. It’s a lot of work and it can be hard, even draining. But I love this kinship and I’ll do whatever’s required to keep it lively and friendly, full of caring, loyal kinnies and with fun events to attend regularly. Because that’s the kind of kinship I want to be part of. I’m really proud of the Eagles and I want things to stay that way.

LEADERSHIP
      I’m also standing for leader, which of course I haven’t done before, but I’ve been at Gui’s side for the past year so I have an inkling of what it’s like. Like all of you, I can’t imagine the Eagles without Gui at the helm, but I also know that if she feels that she’d like to take a break then she certainly deserves to take one. And I’d be honoured to stand in her place, or alongside her, for the next six months.

AOB
      In-game, well, I’d like to think you all know I’m there for you anyway, regardless of my officer status. I’m not the world’s most technical player but any of you can count on my long-distance light zapper (see, not technical) whenever you need an area cleared pretty fast.

THANK YOU
      Thanks to everyone who has put/puts themselves forward. We appreciate the commitment you’re making. And also thank you to everyone who’s said such kind words about the current council. We do work hard for the kinship, but hearing that you recognise and appreciate our input makes it all worthwhile.

/kneel

Neemriel
      Participant

Hello all,

I would like to put my name forward for an officer position.

Many of you know me as Neemreth (51) but my main character is Neemriel (100). I too came to LOTRO as part of the first Coursera intake and never looked back.

I mostly play on server time although I’m now +1 ST and during the summer months I tend to be on GMT/UTC time.

I was part of the group that began the council and I have been involved in a lot of “behind the scenes” work, but my main love is to organise fun Eaglestock kin events for all to enjoy.

The reason why I am an Eagle: I valued how much support I received when I was new to MMOs and LOTRO and wanted to show my appreciation by giving back to the kinship that helped me. The kinship has a great community of people from all over the world, is very accepting and welcoming and supports people where possible. We enjoy chatting via kin chat, we have built an alliance with others, we love instances and we love Gui’s flee market!

Thank you to everyone for your nominations and see you in game!

Neemriel

Dear Kinnies,

My name is Luringdad Jenkyns (no really) and I would like to stand for role of officer.

I joined the kinship as part of the most excellent Coursera Online Games: Literature, New Media, and Narrative. I become a council member along with Gui, Saed, Neems, Kes, Urngrim and Goolsi to ensure that the kinship didn’t just continue to sustain, but to flourish.

You know me as the joker of the kinship, but I also care greatly for the wellbeing of the kinship.

There are a few things I’d like to see happen that we didn’t get wrapped up during the last council term, which is why I’m standing again so I can see these things through to completion.

guiviendoomslayer
      Participant

Hey guys,

There’s no way that I can compete with the super nice, professional look of Saed’s self-nomination nor the length of hers…but, here goes anyway:

I was a elected leader of the Eagles of Thorondor a little over a year ago, along with two others. It was to be a rotating position so that we’d all get a break. This was especially important to me because from February through mid-May, I work 50-60 hours a week (yes, that is right around the corner). The rotation ended up not working as expected and I took full-time leadership of the kinship last April, I believe. So, I submit my nomination for the position or leader or officer as long as you, the voters, are ok with me scaling back my game time just a tad bit until mid-May. So, take that into consideration when deciding who to vote for in this election.

Why vote for me? My first argument would be that I think most of you know what you’re getting by voting for me. For those of you who’ve not been here long, I’ll list a few things I’ve done while leader:

1. A lot of recruiting – dramatic increase in number of Eagles

2. Organizing and moderating Council discussions as well as implementing (with the Council) the following things:
      a. Conflict Management and Mediation
      b. Coursera class support
      c. Creation of the Teb-Talk alliance (includes the Bringers of Light, Rangers of the Black Watch, Tenacity Folk of Middle Earth, and us. If interested in joining the chat channel to expand contacts and resources, please ask a member of the Council for more information).
      d. Creation of http://www.eaglesofthorondor.com
      e. Establishing officer duties and responsibilities
      f. Kinship events
      g. EoT Code of Conduct
      h. Procedures for (and Implementation of) EoT elections
      i. Writing and Implementing the use of a New Members Guide

3. Establishing a positive image of the EoT on the Meneldor server

4. Helping fellow Eagles when I can

5. Promoting recruits to full-fledged Eagles after the two week recruitment phase is over

6. Try to attend as many of the kinship events as I am able.

That’s my spiel. Thank you for considering voting for me.

Best,

Gui

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Nominations are open!’ is closed to new replies.