Official Word from Turbine on Server Transfers

Welcome to the Eagles of Thorondor Eagles of Thorondor forums The Eagles’ Nest Official Word from Turbine on Server Transfers

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Hamesh (Ame)
      Participant

Finally, official word from turbine with timetables and process for moving to new servers:

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-transfers

Mirveth
      Participant

Thanks Ame for posting this info.
      We don’t know yet if Meneldor will stay or will be closed.
      In the case it’s closing, the leaders of the allied kins already agreed to move the alliance to the same server, to keep us all together.
      If you have any more questions or concerns about the kinship transfer, don’t hesitate to ask one of the senior officers.

Eorthan
      Participant

Let’s hope Meneldor stays, so many fond memories.

Nidalal
      Participant

I hope it stays too but most importantly we can still all be together.

Cayrith
      Participant

I agree. Home is where our friends are. If it’s on Meneldor, great, if it’s somewhere else, we’ll make ourselves a nice and cosy home there, too. :-)

Eorthan
      Participant

True, if it closes, let’s hope that everything goes smoothly for everyone :D Eagles gotta stick together.

Shustir
      Participant

Hello! I’m travelling at the moment and will be back only in mid September. This post got me a bit worried…..in case our server closes. Please post in the forum where our kin decides to move if that happens. Thanks.

Mirveth
      Participant

Hi Shus,
      Please don’t worry. IF we have to transfer, we’ll post all details in the forums and send them through in-game mails too, which will persist for 6 months. You can rejoin the Eagles in mid-September or any time you want really.
      For the servers on the closing list, players will still be able to access the world till December 31th 2015. Starting January 1st, and indefinitely, players will be able to access former servers only to transfer their characters.

PS: I read the 35+ pages of the lotro forum thread, so you can ask me any questions you have.

Update important from Vyvanne (executive producer): she found an error in the first communique. On Monday, only the characters copies to Bullroarer will open. No free transfers between the 5 remaining worlds for each region. These will open only 1 or 2 weeks later.

Aglarwen
      Participant

Hi Kinnies,

Unfortunately, it’s official. Meneldor will be closing later this year. We still have plenty of time to prepare. We want to make a concerted move with our allies, and we need to discuss our destination among the remaining servers with them. We’ll let you know as soon as possible where we’ll be pursuing our adventures.

We’ll also tell you how we plan to organize the transfer so it goes as smoothly as possible. We know already that the recommended order is leader first, then house owners characters, and finally other chars.

If you any questions, don’t hesitate to ask one of the senior officers, or post it in the comments.

Info here:
      http://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-closure-announcement

Kalidren
      Participant

The issue is, we need to move our characters to the new server we pick right now, because the more time we wait, our names are going to be lost.

Aglarwen
      Participant

Hi Kalidren,

I understand your concerns, but we have to work together with the other alliance kinships to make the best possible move for everyone involved. Meneldor will not transfer until the very end of the process anyway, so we can’t actually move the characters for quite a while. At best, you can create a placeholder character on the chosen server and delete them when it is time for us to move. If you are concerned with losing your character name, you can go ahead and create new placeholder characters on each of the remaining servers. However, even if you “lose” your name in the transfer, you’ll just have -1 added to the end and (I believe, though I’m not totally certain) you’ll be given a free rename token for the character.

Mirveth
      Participant

I confirm what Aglarwen just said.
      If your name is already taken, your character will have -1 and a free and indefinite rename token. If you are concerned about names, the best solution is to create placeholders on all remaining worlds.
      We’ll do our best to make a choice quickly following kinnies inputs and the preferences of our allies. But Meneldor will be the last server to close, so we don’t know if at that time, all 4 servers will still be open for transfer.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.