Year 2 Festival Instances

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Seremond
      Participant

Before you try to complete long quest chains to get into that festival instance, try this: have someone who does have access at the fountain group with you and open it for you. I found that this worked today for my Elf, when grouped with a toon from another account; he was able to enter the Greenfields in spite of the fountain previously not allowing access to anything at all. I don’t know for certain if you get credit for the festival this way, but it’s worth a try to avoid doing a lot of chains.

(This suggestion is for all instances except Red Pass and Weathertop.)

Seremond
      Participant

I tested this out fully this morning. I put the person into a Bree instance, and then I dropped group and did my own thing. He was able to complete it and get festival credit.

They really should have spelled it out that people don’t have to do long chains, I think. So much time being invested! Anyway, I will pop people into instances whenever I can, so give a shout if you need one.

Seremond
        Participant

I can also now open the Red Pass and Weathertop.

Or ask in LFF. A lot of people are catching on now.

Aglarwen
      Participant

Thanks, Sere! I believe this issue is being addressed in a patch today as well, but it’s good to know there’s a workaround just in case. :)

Seremond
      Participant

Yes, I posted before the patch. We had an active and fun weekend meeting new people as many of us manned fountains around Middle Earth and put people in. It was a nice coming-together of the community.

But: what is important is that the patch only fixed the bug with Weathertop and Red Pass, so this is still relevant. There was no bug for the others, they are merely gated by old quest chains. There is still the question of whether you want to do a missing quest chain for those or have someone open the door for you. (Exception, they removed the chain requirement for Dead Marshes). Old chains are fun to revisit, but you may not have enough gaming time for them. Either way, have fun!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.