Competition: Favourite places in Middle Earth!!

Welcome to the Eagles of Thorondor Eagles of Thorondor forums The Eagles’ Nest Competition: Favourite places in Middle Earth!!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Neemriel
      Participant

Dear Kinnies,

The social committee and coursera committee have been collaborating on a little project we would love you to be involved in: Eagles Tours, across Middle Earth!

We have begun this adventure by producing kinnie-made short videos, but plan on delivering actual in-game guided tours of noteworthy destinations and our very own favourite places. The objective of these is to provide new and existing players with some important information about each place, such as, places to go, people to see and things to do.

It is with a lot of excitement that we offer you the chance to be involved. The Eagles are running a competition where you get to produce a mini video and share with us one of your favourite places in Middle Earth.

Competition information
      • Should include: “Eagles Tours brings you a guided tour to one of my favourite places in Middle Earth: (Place)”.
      • Should include: Places to see, things to do and people to meet.
      • Short video 2-6 minutes long.
      • Can use still images or moving image.
      • Text/voice/music-your choice, but you do not have to talk if you do not want to.
      • Deadline: 4th May 2015.
      • Post video link into the competition thread.

Never done a movie in Lotro before? Don’t worry; we have some basic instructions for how to capture screen footage.

Here’s an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfBGv9EpGfg

If you are interested in being part of our in-game Eagles Tour Guide group, please send an in-game mail to Neemriel or post your interest below.

Any question, please ask.

Social Committee and Coursera Committee

Neemriel
      Participant

Please find attached a word document about how to screen capture footage for mac users or people who want to use QuickTime Player.

If you know how to do this for pc users, please offer advice below.

Thank you.

guiviendoomslayer
        Participant

Neem,

I just sent out a kinship-wide mail about this and gave them the link to this forum page.

Gui

Dracaris
      Participant

Here’s mine, showcasing Helm’s Deep

guiviendoomslayer
        Participant

Drac, this is amazeballs! I can’t wait to see everyone else’s entries!

Gui

Neemriel
      Participant

Ah! Drac, this is……..AMAZING!!!!!! You are just too good at being a tour guide. I love the voice, narration, history, music and the gestures at the start.

This is going to be a fierce competition.

Great job!

Neemriel
      Participant

Don’t forget to post a link to your video on this thread! The due date is looming.

Have fun!

Mirveth
      Participant

Drac has done such an amazing job! Hard to compete with him…
      Aglarwen and I tried nonetheless. Here is our guided tour of Lothlorien.

guiviendoomslayer
        Participant

Mirv and Aglarwen,

Wow! I can’t believe I hadn’t seen your post. The video was lovely! :)

Gui

Neemriel
        Participant

Woop woop! Nice teamed tour!

This was a fab tour of a place I know I was super keen on visiting, so hopefully this will quench the excitement of others…until they get there. Fab job!

Seremond
      Participant

These are great. Looking forward to making one of an area I have often tour-guided in game. If I can figure out how to film and edit!

Neemriel
      Participant

Great Seremond!

Did you check out the attachment I added on the 7th? That might help a bit.

Mirveth
      Participant

If you’re on a PC like me, you can use Bandicam (Thanks Drac for the tip, it works perfectly, and the cost is reasonable), and Video Pad Editor (there’s a free limited version for non-commercial use).
      I tried Windows Movie Maker first, but it just kept crashing.

Seremond
      Participant

Yes, thanks, I checked the attachment. I’m a little lost in all this. I’m going to check with my brother, who has career experience in film editing. Heck, maybe I can make him do it for me!!!!

Neemriel
        Participant

Let me know how it goes or if you need help, as I’ve had experience with most editing software.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.