June 25, 2020 at 2:35 am #6470
Kinship elections are just around the corner!
For those who recently joined the kin – we hold elections every 6 months for leadership positions. We need your expertise, enthusiasm and ideas to help our wonderful kinship continue to thrive and grow. A six-month term is a fun and rewarding experience. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be in an officer position, let us know!
Requirements to run for leader/officer:
For officer, you need to have been in the Eagles for at least 3 months. Energy, enthusiasm, and a strong commitment to the code of conduct are necessary!
For council officer, it is recommended to have previously been an officer in the Eagles within the last year. Taking initiative to better the kin and volunteering to fill any gaps are key attributes.
For leader, you must have been in the Eagles for at least 5 months and have been an officer in the Eagles within the last year.
Further details on time commitments, responsibilities and behaviour are explained in the next post below. Please read it carefully and then contact a council officer to discuss any questions you may have and to see how to proceed.
Further information will be posted later on when and how to nominate candidates (including, maybe, yourself!).
Nominations, campaigning and voting are all done on the Eagles web site as follows:
Jul 3 – Nominations open
Jul 17 – Voting opens
Jul 30 – Voting closes
Aug 1 – Inauguration at kin house
If you have any questions or are interested in running, please contact one of the Council Officers (Alar, Breg, or Sere) in game, on Discord or at [email protected].
Finally, make sure you click subscribe to this forum (Elections to the Council) so that you don’t miss any posts as the election process develops!
June 25, 2020 at 2:48 am #6471
The Leader and all Officers are expected to abide by, respect, and embody the code of conduct as a bare minimum. Beyond that, they are expected to represent the kin well, responsibly, and respectfully at all times because they are the public face of the kinship.
One of the strengths of the Eagles is how all the officers work in support of each other as a team.
Leader (1 position available)
Per SSG’s rules, a kin leader is the sole person with the power to promote/demote members to officers, and to disband the kinship (No, never!). Leadership of the Eagles includes all the responsibilities of Council Officers, plus:
⦁ Expected to play 10 hours per week (on average) on kin toons
⦁ Must have been an Officer of the Eagles in the last year
⦁ Works to create and/or maintain an alliance/strategic partnerships with other kinships
⦁ Takes charge of leading and encouraging discussions regarding proposals for the kinship as needed and may perform or assign other duties as well, including leading organization for the next election
Council Officers (3 positions available)
Council officers have all the duties of regular officers, plus supporting the leader in decision-making as well as maintaining and improving the health of the kinship. Being a council officer isn’t just about agreeing to perform a specific duty and doing it well; it’s about demonstrating initiative in taking care of the health of the kin, and about demonstrating solid judgment in doing so.
If there is no kin leader during a term, then council officers share the leadership duties, and fill the kin leader role on a rotation basis.
⦁ Must have been an officer in the Eagles in the last year.
⦁ Expected to play 7 hours per week (on average) on kin toons.
⦁ Provide a point of contact for kinnies/officers wishing to run events; keep the event calendar updated and let people know if there is a conflict with proposed dates.
⦁ Manage the recruits/alts/promos tracker (Google Sheets), and promote kinnies and alts when appropriate
⦁ Run, lead, or assist with leading at least two events per month, such as a social gathering, deed run, instance, or any other fun group activity for kin members
⦁ Help recruit new players to the kinship
⦁ Must maintain an officer gmail account, as well as a Discord account, check them and reply to messages within a week, barring emergencies.
Officers (6 positions available)
• Expected to play 6 hours per week (on average) on kin toons.
• Help out kinnies in the game as you can, such as answering questions, helping on a quest, and so on.
• Lead or assist with leading at least one scheduled (calendar) event per month, such as a social gathering, deed run, instance, or any other fun group activity for kin members.
• Participate in group activities regularly.
• Help maintain the Kinship House Chest (sort donations, sell overflow etc.)
• Announce upcoming events.
• Join and use Discord, and check for officer messages/conversations on a regular basis.
• Update MOTD with upcoming event + freebie.
• Recruit players who request to join and update the alt tracker in Google Sheets accordingly.
• Know the Eagles Code of Conduct and coach other players as needed.
As an international kinship, our goal is to have at least one officer in each time zone. However, we know that depends on who decides to run. If you are active and from a non-Western Hemisphere time zone, please consider running.
Any questions? Contact one of the council officers in game or in Discord, or email the officers at [email protected].
Serving as an officer is a rewarding experience, and your participation makes our kinship stronger. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
June 28, 2020 at 2:06 pm #6477
Resources for Officers:
Now that you know what officers do, how about what to expect from the experience? Well, you won’t be alone, wondering what to do next. Officers can take advantage of the below:
• Mentoring from current officers! We are here to advise and help you in your new role.
• We co-lead events with officers who feel they need some extra knowledge about an instance or are a little shy.
• Documents published on our Google drive: A general guide to officering and a guide to recruiting. Also an alt tracker that is a little easier to refer to than the in-game roster, with additional info.
• A monthly officer meeting in Discord, where we talk about concerns and solve all your problems, and even reveal the secret to life, the universe and everything.
• A secret handshake just for officers.
• Ideas on what kind of events to sponsor (spoiler: it can be as simple as duo runs, or as ambitious as 24-man groups, and can be compatible with your own game goals).
• Council Officers who can help if you have a particular problem or concern and want to discuss it more privately/urgently than in a monthly meeting.
• Emotional support hugs, sometimes with pie.
• An officer channel on Discord to help keep communications flowing, and to help keep you informed.
(Disclaimer: some of the above might not be true.)
June 30, 2020 at 1:08 am #6480
Do not post nominations in this thread.
On July 3rd, we will send you a link in kinship mail!
July 12, 2020 at 12:44 am #6546
Please post nominations in this thread:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.