Nominations are open! (July 2021)

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Bregeniuk
      Participant

Elections for the next 6-month term of council are now underway! Nomination does not guarantee an officer badge. Nominees must win the approval of at least 50% of total voters in each election. So, as an example, if thirty Eagles vote, the candidate must win at least 15 votes to get a place on the officer team. This means a candidate is running for their kinnies’ approval, rather than against each other. Kinnies vote yes/no for each candidate. Also, votes are completely confidential and anonymous.

What might it be like to be an officer? You will be appreciated by your kinnies! You will be appreciated by the leadership team! You will have an opportunity to use and/or develop your skills in leading events, publishing announcements, helping and supporting your kinmates, and being part of a friendly, supportive, team. Are you thinking “that sounds kind of fun, and we DO have an awesome kinship, and I WOULD like to make sure that the kin lives on forever!” but you still have some questions you’d like answered? Ask an officer in game, or directly on discord. We would love to chat!

If you’d like to nominate yourself or someone else, reply to this post with your nomination! Don’t wait until the last minute, talk to your nominee and see if they accept!

Once you have been nominated, post a brief speech about you, why you would like to be an officer, and how you would like to serve.

See the details of what each role entails in the reply here:

2021 July Election

Your leadership council, Bregeniuk and Seremond.

Bregeniuk
      Participant

I would like to nominate myself for Leader. I think this kin is really special and makes a great home for all kinds of gentlefolk of Middle-Earth. I am committed to another 6 months of supporting the kin and encouraging new officers. I will be running events and doing festivals and questing, doing my best to help our kinmembers to enjoy their Lotro time.

Best regards,
      Bregeniuk

Sagitti
      Participant

I will throw my hat into the ring. I have been playing online games since 1998 and I have been in a few guilds/kins. By far, the Eagles are by far, superior. I am so impressed with the people in the kin and how helpful and friendly everyone is. I want to give back and support this wonderful kin. Thank you.

Slyvania
      Participant

Sag would be a GREAT officer!

I would love to, but my RL will just not allow me to make a time commitment to host events.

Seremond
      Participant

I’m nominating Rarefast for an officer position! I think he will be great and will help keep this wonderful kinship alive and active.

Rarefast
      Participant

Hello all! Been playing lotro for 10 years and the Eagles by far have been the most inclusive one I’ve been in. You all always got some advice to give if needed, and are in general a very social group of people. Thanks Sere for nominating me! Looking forward to this new opportunity.

Seremond
      Participant

And furthermore! I nominate Jephath as officer. Having had the chance to run with him on some instances in recent weeks, I think he will be a good addition to what is looking like an excellent officer team for the next term!

Slyvania
      Participant

I just wanted to say that I’m very happy with Breg as leader, and I’m glad she nominated herself. She has my vote, and I think that Rare, Sag, and Jephath would be outstanding offices!

Everyone I mentioned has my nomination. Casey would be good too.

Nindewn
      Participant

I would like to nominate Salnir as an officer! He is an active player and helps everyone when he can.

guiviendoomslayer
      Participant

I would like to nominate Luckiest and Tebo for officer positions. They’re both active players who are helpful, very knowledgeable, and like to run things!

guiviendoomslayer
      Participant

I would like to nominate myself as Council Officer. I’ve been in the kinship since 2013. I have served as a leader on numerous occasions in the past, though only the members who’ve been with us for a while will remember those times. I’m committed to serving in the capacity of Council Officer for the six-month term. I will run and/or host events, help kinnies when I can, and try to bolster our active kinship roster when appropriate.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Salnir
      Participant

Hi! :D
      I’m in LotRO for a while and passed by many kinships since Meneldor, I believe I found a home here with the Eagles, people helping each other and having fun seems like the right place to be after all.
      I would like to run for Officer feeling I would be able to give back that way.

Thanks!

Tebo
      Participant

Thank you for the nomination Gui! It would be an honor to serve the members of the kinship. If elected, I would do my best to uphold the values and vision set forth by the current leadership team. I’m a lifetime subscriber and a long time solo player that does indeed love to run group content. I enjoy raiding, and trying to solve challenging in game content. I have a couple of event ideas that I will most likely host even if not selected (probably not the best thing to say in a campaign speech haha). Thank you for your consideration, and for putting up with my dad jokes in kin chat. Cheers!

Slyvania
      Participant

I’d also love to nominate Sal, Tebo, and Luckiest, and most certainly Guiv!

Seriously, this is the best guild/kin I’ve been in my 22 years of MMOs. You guys so totally rock.

Jephath
      Participant

Greetings to each one of you fine kinfolk.

I am a little slow in responding to the nomination as I tend to think things through before committing to anything. When it comes to introducing myself there is not a lot to really say.

I have played LOTRO for about 6 years according to my portrait frame. Most of it was on a European server with a kin called Everlasting Hope. I did enjoy my time there, but I must say that I feel more at home here.

I enjoy playing games as a time for relaxing and entertaining and thus is what I desire everyone else to experience as well. My goal is to help others learn the game and to be able to enjoy it so that they can relax and unwind as well. When we are able to have a de-stressor we are able to handle other things as well.

Another reason I believe I can be of benefit to the kin as an officer is that my playtimes are usually a little earlier than others so that means I can run events a different times.

Now when I asked Seremond about what I should write she told me something inspirational. Well, I am not great at that, but let me give it a shot.

Do not worry if you think you are terrible or will make mistakes in the game, I guarantee you I have made more of them and much worse so just have fun and don’t worry about it.

Jephath

Luckiest
      Participant

Thank you Gui and Sly for the nominations and kind words!

I’ve been in the game off and on a good number of years. Recently I’ve done a fair chunk of end-game content, so my focus would be to help kinnies reach their goals for group content. Endgame can feel a little difficult to get into, so my plan is to inform and coach kinnies if they are interested. I’ll also like to regularly run content for people to enjoy; some events may be to gear up or reach a goal, and some may be something random for fun! I’m open to requests if you have an instance you want to complete or explore. Other than that I will be around to help out in chat.

I love this kin and the community we have. Hopefully I can run events you will look forward to! =)

Luckiest

Seremond
      Participant

Nominations are now closed!

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.