Meneldor and kin transfer

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Mirveth
      Participant

At last, transfers are here!
      The transfer opens for Meneldor on December 8th. Aglar will transfer the kin on December 9th around 9pm ST. You need to wait for the leader to be safely on Arkenstone, before you move, otherwise you’ll end up without kin.

Aglar will let us know through the forums once the kin transfer is successful. The kin will be disbanded on Meneldor, but you’ll be able to contact officers’ alt who will stay behind: Aglarwen, Lankoe (Mirveth) (we’ll let you know all the names before moving so you can add them to your friendlist). Teb-talk chat channel will also be a possible way of communicating.

Before leaving, start by checking escrow or your house chest for any bound items that might have been sent there when the kinhouse moved. Clear your mailbox of any items, make screenshots of your possessions and your friendlist.
      Then, you can safely move your whole account(s) to Arkenstone, or house owner first, then other chars.

Last, we were wondering if this could be an opportunity to settle our kinhouse in another neighbourhood than Bree. So please let us know if you have a preference for another region, Michel Delving, Falathorn or Thorin’s hall.

Please ask any questions in comments.

Cayrith
      Participant

Hello everyone and sorry that I’ve made myself so scarce lately due to some real life obstacles and because of favouring another toon atm (Terryl, a lvl 54 Guardian). But I’ve been keeping track of all things Lotro and, of course, the server transfers.

Regarding the neighbourhood I prefer Bree and Falathorn, but don’t oppose the other neighbourhoods either. Just wanted to let you all know that Cay’s house chest (wherever its location may be) will still be available for the Eagles, and I’ll wait for the Council to announce the name of the new neighbourhood before settling down.

Hope to see you all in game soon!

Cheers,
      Cay

Hagenti
      Participant

Hello, regarding the kin house neighbourhood, I prefer the Hobbit land, because is closer to a stable (the one in MD), and the landscape is very similar to the one in Bree :D

Nidalal
      Participant

I know what you mean about real life getting in the way Cayrith. I feel like I haven’t played for years.

Thanks for the tips on how to do it Mirveth. I hope to be on line more in December as I have finished a huge teaching project now.

I really don’t mind where we all are. I like to have two houses fairly close to each other for extra storage.

See you all soon in game I hope. :)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Have a question about the transfer. I think it was discussed in game but can’t remember. I created a Nim placeholder over on Arkenstone to make sure I could keep the name without a problem. When do I delete the placeholder on Ark. I think someone said to do it right before I get ready to start the transfer to Ark.

Neemriel
        Participant

You can actually move over, but your real toon will get a -1 after it. However, all I did was then delete the placeholder, log back in as my -1 and then use the change character token to drop the -1 and hey presto it worked! Super easy.

Aglarwen
      Participant

Yep! Delete the placeholder just before you’re ready to transfer. It should be pretty immediate, but you may want to wait a couple of minutes to ensure it finishes deleting before you transfer in.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Awesome. That’s what I thought but wanted to make sure. Thanks Aglar. :)

guiviendoomslayer
      Participant

Personally, I would prefer to keep the main kinship neighborhood in Bree-land. That’s my vote.

Jarfaru
      Participant

Can’t wait to get settled on the new server.

Mirveth
      Participant

For placeholder characters, you can delete them before the transfer, or wait after transfer, in case the transfer itself takes a bit too long and you’re afraid someone could take your name in the mean time. The trahsferring character will have -1 and a rename token on destination. You can then delete the placeholder and rename your character by removing the -1.

Mirveth
      Participant

The kin transfer will be tonight instead of tomorrow, as many kinnies were leaving early.

guiviendoomslayer
      Participant

After seeing your message, Mirv, I logged in just to try and transfer one toon to see how it went (it’s one I rarely play). Didn’t realize it would shut me out of my other toons on Meneldor as I wanted to log in real fast before bed and ask you guys if you think it’ll be safe for me to move a couple more tomorrow night. I realize this is a new process for all of us, so there may be a snag. Sorry you guys had to move up your plans!

Best,

Gui

Mirveth
      Participant

The transfer is taking longer than during the tests, certainly because many people are transferring at the same time. So you need to think at least 2 hours for the transfer to complete. During this time, your account is blocked, to avoid any changes.

Aglarwen
      Participant

The Eagles have landed! Transfer is complete and kinship exists. If you transferred early, track down Aglaralyn tomorrow or later this week and I’ll get you added. Good night!

Cayrith
      Participant

Thanks Aglar and Mirv for doing a great job! This seems to be running smoothly thanks to the work and planning you put into it. I’ll move my chars to Arkenstone during the weekend since I’ll be away on a business trip this Thu/Fri, and tonight going to the Christmas marked with some colleagues. Don’t want to do the transfer after having 1 or 2 mugs of mulled wine, who knows where I’d land… ;-) Take care, everyone, and see you in our new home soon. Once there I’d love to add some additional chars to the Eagles.

Nidalal
      Participant

That was surprisingly quick and smooth. I moved all my characters at once and checked they are all there. The removals guys did a good job and didn’t break or lose anything. Thank you for making this such a smooth transition.
      Hope to see you all soon in game.

Maedhirien
      Participant

Thank you, leaders, for all the updates and the preparation :-).

I will be trying to move this evening, hope it goes well…

Maed

Neemriel
      Participant

I checked the Hobbit homestead, but there are only 2 kinship houses left in a neighbourhood called Bloomhop or something, which might cancel out that idea. However I did see on Ark fb page that Lotro are looking into adding extra houses.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7495040#post7495040

Jarfaru
      Participant

OK so i did the transfer. So now i have to wait for them to send an email before i login right?

Hamesh (Ame)
        Participant

Jarfaru, go ahead and log in now. I never got any emails from turbine. See you on arky!!

Elenistari
      Participant

Yes, the move was pretty smooth. I got a confirmation email about 5 minutes after I transfered. I did panic for a second when I logged in and I didn’t have a house, but I figured out the reimbursement soon enough and re-bought a similar house right away. I did have to redecorate it, but it gave me a reason to shuffle things around :)

Nidalal
      Participant

Hello. I just checked out the new kin house. It is looking good – well done to whoever spent time redecorating.

Please could Racana and Nidalal have permission to use the ominous pool? I can’t light the Brazier either but that isn’t as much fun as being tossed about by a monster.:)

Nice to be spending time getting reacquainted with you all at the same time as the move. It was a nice coincidence that I finished rewriting my courses just at the same time.

Nida

Beril
      Participant

Greetings Eagles.

Beril still here, still lost. :)

Would someone be so kind as to give cookbook simple instructions that even a little hobbit can follow?

Thank you,
      –Beril

Beril
        Participant

Got it, thanks to Saed and Aglar.

See you there.

Thanks again,
        –Beril

Nidalal
      Participant

Hello everyone

When I started LOTRO I set up characters on an EU RP server. I no longer play there as I like the company of the Eagles. I like the Kin there too but there is never anyone around when I log on which seems to only be for paying the rent. They are only really active when Coursera is running.

What do you think of my moving my 2 favorites to Arkenstone as I now have the slots available? I know I would lose my house. I enjoyed playing my elf hunter and hobbit mini.

Are there any other considerations that I need to take into account?

Thanks

Nida

Mirveth
      Participant

Hi Nida,
      Unfortunately, you can’t move characters from EU servers to US servers (technical problem, data incompatibility).
      If you want to still play with them, you could try and find a more active kin on this server or another EU server.

Nidalal
        Participant

Thanks for the reply Mirveth.
        That’s a shame I will have to think of other options. I don’t want to just abandon them:

Nida.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.