Weirdness! How did this happen?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Hamesh (Ame)
      Participant

The other night Amerrel was in the crafting hall, talking with an alt of Burlford (Kasseldar). I switched to my alt Ametrina, and Burl said Amerrel was still in the hall! I do not have 2 accounts!

So I asked Burl to take some screenshots of Ametrina and Amerrel together. Then I switched to another alt, Amelduwen, and Amerrel was still there!

How did this happen? Wouldn’t it be fun if your alts really could hang out together!

InsaneChaos
      Participant

I’ve noticed this when my dad is playing, and it happens in multiple ways. I found my dad sitting doing nothing in the Red Pass when he was actually in Haragmar, and then he came back towards me and the dupe disappeared.

Sansaiel
      Participant

This happened to me the other day – I logged off and my character stayed there, and when I came back my buffs had ran out. :(

Hamesh (Ame)
        Participant

You know, I’ve noticed my morale is down by half sometimes when I’ve reloaded. Maybe I never left and something chewed on me…

Neemriel
        Participant

Can’t remember who it was now, but a kinnie said they played another game where other players could attack you and steal from you while you were logged out….so your thought could be true.

Cayrith
        Participant

Neem, I heard that, too, and think it was WoW. Ame, this happens to me all the time that my morale is down 50 % when I log in. It once happened to me that I logged in and was greeted with the “you have just died” window… :-(

Neemriel
      Participant

That IS weird!

Mirveth
      Participant

It’s normal to have morale down when you log in. The morale level is slowly increasing. It’s also the reason why we should always log out in a safe place. Otherwise, when you log in, your character is in the landscape, with low morale and so vulnerable to mobs around, while you still have the loading screen… It must be what happened to you, Cayrith. But, this doesn’t happen not the whole time we’re out, only the short time of loading.

guiviendoomslayer
      Participant

Yes, it does happen. As proof, see this photo of me standing next to Matt (one of our newer members) after he’d logged out for the night. This was just two nights ago. :)

Elenistari
      Participant

This happened to me once when I was questing with Kes…. she got disconnected, but her toon stayed there for 5 more minutes. We were in the middle of some spider den in the Trollshaws. Luckily, her pet was still there, so it helped me defend her frozen character until her toon actually disappeared. That is one loyal pet :)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.